Monday, July 11, 2011

What's in a label?



When I was a kid I loved everything IZOD. Many days would find me sporting the alligator on my shorts, shirt, sun visor and even socks. To me, Izod (and maybe OP) symbolized everything that was cool in my seven year old eyes. Today I am less concerned with labels, in fact I try to run away from them as often as I can. When it came to restoring my Scotty, however, I have searched high and low for every possible Serro item I can find. When I owned Airstreams it was fairly easy to find everything from ashtrays to throw pillows, doorknobs for a Bolus to wheel covers for a Bambi. Scotty searches, however, haven't been as easy. A fellow newbie Scotty restorer, Amy, emailed me the other day a bit frustrated after finding a few spots of water damage in her Scotty. Anxious to get camping and thrilled with her new purchase, Amy ordered curtains, planned her redecorating adventures and headed out one rainy night to check on her new getaway...only to find it leaking like a water filled piece of cheese cloth. I told Amy not to fear because I'd been right where she was last week. And the week before, and last month...My excitement to see progress, get camping (coupled with a bit of Attention Deficit Design Disorder) had me painting the outside first, purchasing new flooring before ripping up the old, etc. But, that's just part of my process. Part of illuminating the light at the end of my reno tunnel was to purchase Scotty stickers for the front and back of Louis. I found these by doing a quick search on ebay, and purchased two for $19.99/each. I told myself I could NOT put them on Louis until he was finished. Something so simple helped me push ahead when I felt like pulling louis out of the picture for a while. When the Serro Scotty Labels arrived in the mail I knew I was close to the end of my project and closer to camping. Now, this photo doesn't represent the finished project by any means, but it was far enough along in my opinion to label the roof "finished" by adorning it with the Scotty pup. So, Amy, take one day at a time, one drip at a time and know that you're one step closer to the finish line!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your blog--and don't mind being a part of it at all!!! You are my inspiration! Please check out my blog the next couple of days for some very surprising advances....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have an AC somewhere in Louis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY THERE! No, took the AC out to save on weight and space and I HATED the look of that. Looks like a big pimple on an already big rear end! And, you can buy great battery operated fans (if you are dry camping) or just bring a fan from home. The trailer is so small, a big fan will cool it down quickly! You'll notice the "finished" pic, which still needs work, isn't quite finished because I haven't picked up the new rear window, which took a LONG time to find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well right now my Angus the Hilander has no back end, no front end, no windows, no trim....uhhh he is in pretty sad shape............but after doing the 13ft. Harvey last year, I know not to give up hope.
    Hang in there...doing it is half the fun.

    ReplyDelete