Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strip tease


I have to say, every time I look out our front door at Louis, nestled in his corner surrounded by trees and flamingos, I just have to smile. Then I start thinking about the number of projects I have left and my eye begins to twitch. Like I've said before, it's the little projects that take up so much time and can be a bit overwhelming when looking at them as a whole. So, I chip away at them day by day. One project that was weighing heavily on me was the sewing and installing of curtains. A.) I don't sew and B.) I've had a sewing machine for several months, still sitting brand new in its box and I just don't want to face it. So, as I mentioned last week, I headed to the Christmas Tree Shop (love this place for all kinds of cheap finds, www.christmastreeshop.com) where I found, what I think, are the perfect curtains for Louis. Each set for $5.99 includes two 36" panels and a valance. By purchasing four sets I can cover all of the windows (two valances go on the front window, the other two go on the small upper windows in the back area, longer panels go on all other windows). So, for a little under $30 I found cute, great curtains for Louis. One other little project I scratched off my list, was adding a white strip of trim in front of the storage baskets I have under the daybed. When I travel I can leave all the contents in the baskets and not worry about them flying all over the trailer in route. Little trim, little liquid nails and I've got a lot of security for my storage!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful pictorial of your restoration journey! My husband and I just purchased a 1964 Corsair with similar layout. I've been debating about the sofa concept in the back. Your design and explanation greatly helped!

    ReplyDelete