Monday, May 23, 2011

Stars and Stripes

I've taken a break from posting because it has rained for what feels like months, making it slightly difficult to work on Louis. Saturday, however, the sun finally came out, so I grabbed my bag of tricks and headed outside to enjoy the sun and get some work done! As I creep closer to my budget ceiling (I told myself I wouldn't spend more than $500 on the renovation), I have to be careful where I spend and what I can salvage. Take the curtain rods, for example. The originals were gold and one of the first things I ripped out and tossed into the garbage, which ironically, are the first things I've pulled out. I initially thought I would use fishing wire, pulled tight, as rods then realized I was being wasteful by throwing out the rods, so I dug them out and spray painted them with a Rustoleum silver paint I had left over from another project. Another subtle add I made, was to continue the aqua stripe around the wheel well and down the side of the trailer. Two fairly simple projects, both free (I used left over aqua paint as well) that take Louis one step closer to camp and road-ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment